Thursday, July 9, 2009

Too hot!

OK, In my opinion 108 is too hot! It's ok for an oven to heat up, but not my car and certainly not the exterior air! It's stifling, nauseatingly hot! I'm not sure the air conditioner has shut off since I came home about 4 p.m. That's not good for our electric bill, not good at all.
Yesterday I got my nails done and a new perm, so today I have hair that looks like I've stuck my finger in a light socket or something. It will calm down, but tomorrow we're having our pictures taken - yikes!
Are you as sick of Michael Jackson as I am? Yesterday on the news there was 20 minutes of MJ funeral and etc. and 10 minutes of news - oh, and commercials thrown in there somewhere. We switched to BBC news and found out all sorts of things that were going on in the world, not mentioned on our national news. Since when is a strange person more important than national and international news? OK, so he was a great singer, actor, dancer, etc., but let's face it, a year ago people were ready to string him up as a pervert, etc.
I'll stop my gripe session now. Along the lines of gratitude - I'm thankful for big shade trees around our house. I'm so thankful to have been born in a free country. I'm grateful for my family here and there and everywhere. I'm grateful for modern communication - today I had calls on my cell phone from my sister and my daughter both checking about books I might want to read. That's so thoughtful and I do appreciate them thinking of me. I am thankful to have air conditioning. I can't believe the first pioneer wife who settled in this area without air conditioning (of course they hadn't been exposed to it) and it was still really hot and more dusty then than now I understand.
I just thought back to when we were kids living in Browns Mills, NJ. When we got hot in the summer we'd beg our dad to take us to the lake a couple of miles away. We'd take our dog along and a bar of soap. We'd all jump in the lake, soap up the dog and have a blast! Fun times.
Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment