Friday, January 11, 2013

2013 Goals

Our local book club is reading "The Happiness Project."  I've decided that setting 12+ goals for one year is too ambitious and I know I wouldn't be able to keep up with all the improvements.  I'm not saying I can't use 12 - or more - improvements to my personality and how I treat others, it's just I'd do much better with just a few goals.  So, here goes:

1.  Do yoga 5-6 times a week.
2.  Learn and do indexing.
3.  Be a better friend by listening to the needs of others.

In addition, there are the usual:  having prayer at least morning and evening, read scriptures daily, attend Church and fulfill my responsibilities, and go to the temple monthly.  Oh, and maybe I should set a goal to update my blog weekly.  That would be a good idea, huh.

So, to update what's happening in my corner of the world.  The end of December brother John flew to NJ to be with big sis Alice and her hubby Rudy.  He expects to return on 1/15, but will return to NJ when the weather is warmer so he and Rudy and finish their project.

I'm getting ready to re-train to assist others in doing their income taxes.  I've been volunteering for nine or ten years.  The training runs from 1/14-1/30 or so.  I love it and love helping others in this way.  It's something I can do.

I'm still transcribing notes from our Sunday meetings and mailing a copy to the inmates at FCI as well as a few sisters I visit teach when they are absent from church.

Today I spent from 9:40 AM until 3:50 PM at Lithia Toyota in Odessa for them to fix the two recall items on my 2007 Toyota Camry!!  I can't believe it took that long and I've decided that the next recall letter I get will be shredded, mutilated, and burned!!  What a waste of time . . . except I finished my book, got work done on my sister's gift, and met a friend who wants to buy one of my purses.  So not really wasted at all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment